Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Dulce Amor

I finally met her at TEN02 when we were practicing for a show many years back. When Kuya Mel mentioned that we will back her up...I was like that food critic that went back to his childhood memories upon eating rattatouile (hay spelling...tamad ako i-google ang spelling )...ganun! 
Credits to the owner of the Photo
Those few moments before she arrived i said...gosh, she will be here. And sure enough, time ran out on me to practice in front of the mirror how to look like not so excited I tried my best to be cool in front of her. 

She stepped in. The familiar face that i saw on TV when i was younger was an understatement. What I saw was a Filipina beauty, very sisterly aura, no showbiz air ( you know...that thing about SOME showbiz people when you meet them they look at you and it is like they are not looking at You.... COLD , distant stance which I TOTALLY LAUGH AT, i cant stand it. Yep im evil but honest hehehehehe).  Going back...
She arrived we shook hands and exchanged besos.... one of the local vocalist Idols of my childhood, nerbiyos! She is beautiful, down to earth and much later i realized her aura is divine. And she gave me a gift, we just met... my gosh. Jahe ako! 

She stepped on the TEN02 stage to rehearse with AMP nonet.  The first few lyrics out of her blew me out of my seat. Grabe kapag live! The walls were blown away too! My SM stage drapes i bought buy 1 take 1 turned into heavy luscious black velvet opera drapes.... and it felt like being in Royal albert Hall. and that was because of that full bodied, rich-timbred beautiful, enigmatically powerful yet soft when needed kind of voice that is uniquely HERS...often imitated yet no one can come close to what her singing can do to your heart. Her voice is ahhhhhm..... aahhhhmmmm ..i don't know what to say BUT , that voice......that voice PUT BURNING TEARS IN MY EYES.

No comments:

Post a Comment