Tuesday, July 4, 2017

I Am Skarlet

I'm Skarlet and I sing #Jazz #Ska #Standards sometimes with just my guitarist or keyboardist...othertimes  with a big band.



Started with Ardorn and Delirium then became the front woman of Put3ska from 1994- 1998.  I formed the Brownbeat All-stars in 1998.  We dropped about 2 albums and joined several compilations.



However, I have fallen in love with Jazz.  I went solo in 2007 and released my first solo album under Candid Records.  It's a full length album entitled Powder Room Stories.  



On the side, too, I sing for the those who are sick...We go from ward to ward to sing hoping it will bring some sunshine to the ailing...also because I believe that music heals...


In the process, I founded Heart Of Music, a non-profit organization that helps aging and ailing musicians with healthcare.  We try to organize a mass dental and physical consultation with the help of friends and those willing to donate. When I am not singing, I cook, and travel with my family.  We have a sanctuary in the province we call Avayu..I'll share my musings, my travels, my cooking and my music with you.    

No comments:

Post a Comment